01 July, 2008

It's just not a Friday without Hellyer

With the recent AVC past us now, I'm really missing getting to Hellyer. Certainly, there's racing on weeknights, but Friday is about the only convenient time for us to get there and spend the evening watching some great competition.

Unfortunately, the last Friday night fiesta staged by Michael Hernandez and gang was a couple weeks ago and the next one isn't until 11 July. Ouch...I think I'll try and head down for the Omnium this Sunday. It's not the same as a fun-filled Friday, but It'll have to hold me over.

Uber congrats to a new friend, Jen Triplett, who made the record books when she won the first Woman's 6-day event held at Alpenrose in PDX last week. That's quite an honor. I met Jen at the AVC a couple of weeks ago where she won the miss-n-out and did quite well overall. She's a really talented rider. Kudos, Jen!




No comments: