20 July, 2008

Traveling plays havoc...but gotta keep it goin'

One thing that's nice about life right now is consistency. Consistency of my workouts, especially. While the workouts themselves are quite varied, I know that on Mon, Wed & Fri, I work strength with kettlebells, on Tues & Thurs, it's cardio on the treadmill at the office gym then Sat or Sun is a bike ride.

When I'm on the road for work, the change in scheduling makes things challenging to keep to my consistent routine. Last week I was in Raleigh, NC on business and tried to keep things progressing as much as possible.

...so, as usual, I meet up with Tim Anderson (link to his blog called "Life is Movement" in my "Thoughts by Friends" section) at least once. Tim lives about 45 mins south of my RTP office, so after work, I try and get a workout in there. 

Luckily, I was able to get 2 workouts in with Tim this trip, on both Tues & Weds, so I had to shift Monday to Cardio at the office gym for a few miles, then KBs with Tim. Thurs was a travel day back to SF and Friday I was so toast from the travel day that I rested. Sat was a 2 hour ride and today I'l do a short ride just to spin the legs a bit.

Tues workout: (wtXrepsXsets - each arm)

One Arm Swing
24x25x4

Clean
24x10x3

Guard Press
24x10x3

Triceps
16x10x5


Weds workout

Windmill
16x5x3

Double Snatch
16x10x3

SeeSaw Press
24x10x3

Press
40x1x1

Assorted Rope Work  (Tim, can you help out here)


So it was great to press the 40 again...this time on both arms. I've done it a couple of times before, but not very easily....mainly due to my rotator cuff issues. the RC is feeling a bit better now, so this was a nice return to the heavies.

Also, Tim showed me a bit of Z R-Phase, both some general stuff as well as an exercise to specifically target the bicep/tendon issue that's been going on. It's feeling quite a bit better now. I'll keep up the Z for a while and see what happens....and thanks for the nice "attaboy" in your blog, Tim :-)


No comments: