27 March, 2009

Detox, Day 4 - 26 March 2009

Had a pretty good day today. I guess I may starting to feel a bit different, but no drastic changes. I still seem to have a bit less energy in workouts as I'm expecting myself to have, but again, nothing drastic. One major thing that hit me was really wanting a glass of wine as I was on the patio grilling chicken and veggies. It's one of my routines...if I'm grillin', I've got a glass of wine. Perhaps the only time I've been vinoless at the grill. Lots of temptations at the office yesterday...I forgot to mention..... I spoke at an summer intern recruiting event and they had lots of chips, dip, cookies, etc, etc etc....I had water. The next meeting had some mixed nuts, so I had an afternoon snack...that worked out well. Also, talked to a great new friend who has already benefitted from these notes/blogs. Happy to see that a bit of change can trickle down and spread out. Nice! Got a nice ride in last night (lovin' daylight savings time...in the evening, at least) and did 2 loops of my normal training ride. I know it's a tough ride, but I figured out why yesterday. It climbs 600 feet in 1/2 of a mile..the last 100 yards or so are >12%. Now I know why it's so freekin' tough. June 6 is coming fast and I'm doing everything I can to be ready. Also, had time to make a proper BFast as I was at home in the AM. Nice.

Breakfast
4 links chicken BFast sausage
Apple
Almond Butter
Decaf Coffee

Lunch

Green Beans and Chicken
H20

MTB Ride - 90 mins

Snack
Mixed Nuts & Organic Raisins (no sulfate/sulfur)

Dinner
Grilled Chicken Grilled Veggies w/ Zatar
Hummus
Tomato and Avocado Salad w/ Olive Oil & Lemon Juice
H20

No comments: