01 April, 2009

Goin' Detox - Day 6 & 7 - 28 & 29 March, 2009

Weekends, for me Sat & Sun, are now typically a time to set the work week aside and get on to life a bit more. I get most of my cycling in on weekends and try and get out to lunch and a beer or 4 with friends at least one day, when possible. Perhaps get to a crit or road race to shoot photos...you know...stuff that's out of the house.

This weekend turned out to be not quite that.

I was fortunate enough to shop for a new refrigerator on Sat...yep, 2400 duckets of stainless side-by-side coldness...and it was delivered on Sun. Between errands and fridge dealing/coping/scheming/shopping/installing and some fence building/yardwork, I was sucked into the homeowner's weekend. Bleck, but necessary. I'm very fortunate that I have fresh, cold, organic food and that I can afford to purchase a new fridge.

One thing that was nice about staying around the house is that since I was there and not running out someplace, I took the time to make a proper breakfast both days. Nice. Also, I got to grill on Saturday for dinner. Again, sure felt like I was supposed to have a glass of wine in my hands, but alas, no. Not for another few days.

Still having some intestinal issues...nothing major. I suspect just the body getting rid of toxins.

Some folks have asked about supplements, so here's the rundown.

For the duration of the detox/cleanse I'm taking RestoreLife's Organic Total Cleanse. I'm not endorsing it, nor am I not. I have no idea if it's working or not, but it's not expensive and the nutritionist recommended it, so I'm game.

For the other stuff it's:

Vit B
Vit C
Vit E
Potassium
Chromium
Calcium & Minerals
Men's Multi


Food was:

Sat -

BFast
Chicken BFast Sausage - 4 links
Apple
Almond butter
Decaf Coffee

Lunch
Chopped Salad (no cheese) w/ vinaigrette
H20

Dinner
Grilled chicken
Grilled veggies
Hummus
H20

Sunday

BFast
Chicken BFast Sausage
Apple
Cashew Butter
Decaf Coffee
Organic Blood Orange Juice (more sugar than I should have, but it was awesome)

Lunch
Apple
Mixed Nuts
H20

Dinner
Salmon & Maguro Sashimi
Green & Seaweed Salad
H20
Green Tea




No comments: