06 April, 2009

Goin' Detox - Day10, 1 April, 2009 - Commencement or "No joke, we made it!"

I've been remiss in getting this day 10 blog update out. Apologies.

The "final" day of the detox went extremely well....again, no real breakfast which I need to figure out a way to fix. I had some nice comments and mails from some folks with suggestions on ideas to try. I'll work on that and let you know how they go.

Additionally, I got some really cool encouragement from some cool folks via tweets. Very cool to see other people who are so willing to be encouraging to me. I really appreciate that....as well as others who are being encouraged by my efforts. That's a great side effect, and the number two reason for doing this. By doing this, I've got some degree of personal accountability. The fact that you're reading this provides even further evidence of that. Thanks! That's been the primary reason.

Many have asked how I feel and "do you feel any different?' Well, yes and yes.

I do feel a bit more "clear" and "clean", but not that much different. However, I'm not sure that the physical difference was part of the goal, so I'm fine with it. I DO feel much, much better in many other ways. The fact that I accomplished something that not too long ago would have been WAY out of my box is very empowering. It's a confirmation of my new outlook, or going beyond and in treating myself well.

Next, lots of folks have asked "What are you going to have once the detox is over?"
Simple..pretty much the same.

This is not just a 10 day thing as I mentioned before. It's a new way of doing things, and accordingly , I've added some things...so, the plan is to add back brown rice no more than 4x week and no more than 5 glasses of wine a week, increase the green veggies and fruit and the only dairy will be nonfat milk and whey protein powder.

So, there you have it.

Lots of thanks to Chris Brewer for the inspiration.

I look forward to hearing more from each of you and give you my thanks for all the encouragement you've given me.

Peace to you.

j.

(now, let's get back to the rants)


No comments: